Lincocin is used for treating serious infections caused by certain bacteria. Lincocin is a lincomycin antibiotic. It works by stopping the production of essential proteins needed by certain bacteria to survive.
Use Lincocin as directed by your doctor.
- Lincocin is best taken on an empty stomach 1 hour before or 2 hours after meals, but may be taken with food or milk if stomach upset occurs.
- Take this medication with a full glass (8 oz or 240 ml) of water unless your doctor directs you otherwise.
- Do not lie down for 30 minutes after taking Lincocin.
- Lincocin works best if it is taken at the same time each day.
- To clear up your infection completely, take Lincocin for the full course of treatment. Keep taking it even if you feel better in a few days.
- If you miss a dose of Lincocin, use it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not use 2 doses at once.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Lincocin.
Store Lincocin at room temperature, between 68 to 77 degrees F (20 to 25 degrees C). Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Do not store in the bathroom. Keep Lincocin out of the reach of children and away from pets.
Active Ingredient: Lincomycin.